We offer all the grooming services you need to take care of your cat or dog.
The welfare of your pet always comes first for us, and we know that after your pet’s first visit, you will continue to choose us for their grooming needs. We can also recommend a grooming schedule, so you feel confident caring for your pet at all stages of their life.
For grooming services you and your pet love, make your next appointment with us at Plaza Veterinary Hospital! Contact us today for additional information about our menu of services, prices, qualifications, or any other questions. We look forward to taking care of your furry friend!
All pets staying in out hospital for grooming must be up to date on all vaccines for their safety and our other patients’ safety- no exceptions.
Services We Offer:
Flea, Tick, and Heartworm Prevention
Spay and Neuter
Grooming & Your Pet: How Grooming is Beneficial for Medical Reasons
When you take your pet in for grooming, you might be happy to let an expert deal with the tricky issue of cutting your dog’s nails or handle the bathing of an anxious kitty! While grooming is certainly important in how your pet looks, and maybe more importantly, how your pet smells, it is also a critical aid to veterinary medical care. Regular grooming is a great way to have another set of eyes on your pet and be on the lookout for things that might be awry and have the potential to get worse. Here are a few things that regular grooming can spot that can help keep your pet in good health.
- Ticks and/or Fleas- These tiny little parasites are masters at hiding- especially on animals with black or dark fur. Regular grooming helps ensure that your animals are thoroughly checked and cleaned of these blood-sucking parasites!
- Skin Conditions- While they have fur, animals suffer from skin conditions, too. These conditions can cause discomfort, cause a loss of fur or even become infected. Regular grooming helps prevent skin conditions in breeds with skin folds and allows us to treat skin conditions that are present.
- Allergies- Pets can get allergies, too! If you have a pet that is reacting badly to something, it may show up on their skin or in their fur. Regular grooming helps alert us when something has changed.
- Sensitive Areas- Sometimes your pet may be acting normally, but still suffering from an injury or experiencing pain. During grooming, we can keep an eye for areas that may be sensitive to touch, which can be indicative of a number of different things.
- Infections- During grooming, we clean your pet’s ears, eyes and glands. We can look for signs of good health and can spot issues such as infections. These may need to be treated by your vet.
These are just some of the issues that regular grooming can help address. If you have questions about regular grooming or are ready to set up an appointment, please give us a call today here at Plaza Veterinary Hospital.